If you are a pilot who is interested in joining our expedition, you can become an expedition supporting pilot, click here.
Pilots – here’s an opportunity to fly with a unique and dedicated group of Canadian pilots this summer. You don’t have to be a super-pilot, or a wealthy one, to enter this one-off aviation experience into your logbook. We expect to form up squadrons of 25 or more aircraft for many portions of this grand flying expedition across Western Canada.
Join for one leg – or many legs – or all of them.
There will be three aircraft categories which are determined by cruise speeds.
- 90 – 120 knots
- 120 – 150 knots
- 150+ knots
The expedition supporting pilots will:
Fly all of or part of the expedition in support of patients in need (between 200 and 3,000 nm).
- Challenge themselves to raise a minimum of $1 per nautical mile flown, or more, with a minimum of $1,000 raised.
- Cover their own accommodation, meals and flight expenses (note: some flight costs will be discounted along the way).
How it works:
Hope Air will set up a customized fundraising page for each pilot on the Hope Air website.
- Funds raised can include a combination of their own donations, donations raised from family, friends, colleagues, and corporate sponsors.
- All donations receive a charitable donation receipt.
- $1,000 provides a return flight for a child and a parent.
To learn more about how you can get involved, please contact: